Terms and Conditions
Please Read the Following Terms Carefully.
This website is operated by Violet Earth Academy (ACN 107482986) trading as Cosmosis Academy under the domain names mysteryschool.net.au, mysteryschool.net.au and mysteryschool.com.au ("the website").
Intellectual Property Rights
The material contained on the web site is protected by copyright.
You may use the website for personal and non-commercial purposes only.
You acknowledge that this Cosmosis Academy website, special technology used in connection with the website, Cosmosis Academy services, all software, material, information, communications, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, audio, video, photos, and other data available within the website ("Cosmosis Academy content") are provided by the Cosmosis Academy or third-party providers and are the copyrighted works of the Cosmosis Academy and/or such third parties.
You may not copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, rent, lease, sell, transfer, display, transmit, compile or collect in a database, or in any manner commercially exploit any part of the Cosmosis Academy content or our services in whole or in part unless expressly authorised by the Cosmosis Academy or the relevant third party owner.
You may not store any significant portion of any the Cosmosis Academy content or Cosmosis Academy services or materials in any form. Under the Copyright Act 1968 and related amendments you are limited as to the amount of material that you may download, print, copy and/or cut and paste from the website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not infringe any applicable law.
You may only download and print a reasonable quantity of copies of Cosmosis Academy content for non-commercial, personal or educational use only. The copies must contain any copyright or other proprietary rights notices that are contained in the original source. The copies must not be modified.
You acknowledge that the Cosmosis Academy and/or third-party providers remain the owners of the Cosmosis Academy content and that you do not acquire any intellectual property rights in the Cosmosis Academy content.
The Cosmosis Academy name and other related trade marks including the Cosmosis Academy logo that appears throughout the website are trade marks of the Cosmosis Academy. You are strictly prohibited from using, displaying or providing links to the Trade Marks without express permission from the Cosmosis Academy.
Information Does Not Represent Professional Advice
The material provided on the website is provided as general information only. It is not intended as professional advice and must not be relied upon as such. Prior to entering into a transaction or taking any particular course of action in connection with the website, you should make your own inquiries and seek independent advice tailored to your specific circumstances and objectives.
Accuracy and Usefulness of Information
All material and information on the website is provided in good faith and is believed to be accurate and current as at the date of publication. However, the Cosmosis Academy provides no warranty or guarantee that any material or information on the website or linked websites will be accurate or complete.
The Cosmosis Academy will not be liable for any damages whatsoever whether in an action in contract, negligence or other sort, arising out of or in connection with, access to the website or the information and material contained in it. All warranties of any kind are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The Cosmosis Academy makes no guarantee as to the usefulness of the material and information on neither the website, nor any of the products and services promoted on it or via linked websites. In particular, the Cosmosis Academy makes no guarantee as to the appropriateness of the training courses selected by you and no guarantee as to the likelihood of employment which may be gained by virtue of any training undertaken.
You agree and understand that the Cosmosis Academy may prevent or restrict your access to the website for any technical, security and or any other reasons at its absolute discretion. The Cosmosis Academy will advise you as soon as practicable of any restrictions imposed on your access to the website.
Variation of These Terms
The Cosmosis Academy may vary these Terms at any time. In the event that the Cosmosis Academy varies these Terms, it will provide notice by publishing the varied Terms on the website. You accept that by doing this, the Cosmosis Academy has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation.
No Warranties or Representations
The Cosmosis Academy does not exclude any rights or remedies available to you under the Trade Practices Act or equivalent State legislation that cannot be excluded or restricted.To the extent permissible by law, the Cosmosis Academy makes no warranty or representation (express or implied) regarding the quality, accuracy, reliability, currency, performance, completeness or fitness for purpose of any part of the website or any of the Cosmosis Academy content.
The Cosmosis Academy does not represent or warrant (expressly or impliedly) that the website or any of the Cosmosis Academy content, or the facilities that make the website and the Cosmosis Academy content available, will not cause damage, or are free from any computer virus or any other defects or errors, or that your access to the website or any Cosmosis Academy content will be uninterrupted.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Cosmosis Academy is not liable (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising from the use of the website or any of the Cosmosis Academy content. To the maximum extent permissible by law, the Cosmosis Academy liability for breach of any implied warranty or conditions that cannot be excluded is restricted, at the Cosmosis Academy option, to:
* the re-supply of the relevant goods or services; or
* the cost of the re-supply of the relevant goods or services; or
* any amount paid by you to the Cosmosis Academy in respect of the relevant goods or services.
You agree that in no circumstances will the Cosmosis Academy be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages of whatever nature arising out of your use of the website or of any of the Cosmosis Academy content (including, but not limited to, losses or damages arising out of, or attributable to, an act or omission by the Cosmosis Academy).
No Guarantees as to the Service
The website contains downloadable materials and links to external websites.
The Cosmosis Academy is not responsible for, and has no control over, the content of downloadable materials or external sites. You understand that the Cosmosis Academy cannot and does not guarantee, warrant or represent that files or software of any kind, or from any source, available for downloading through the website, will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code or defects that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
Prices and Payments
All prices quoted on the website are quoted in Australian Dollars ("AUD") and are inclusive of GST.
All payments to be made to the Cosmosis Academy must be in AUD and must be inclusive of GST.
A payment to be made to the Cosmosis Academy must always be made in accordance with the Cosmosis Academy payment terms that apply to that payment.
Payments that are received in a currency other than AUD will not be accepted and any attempted registration by you in respect of the website or Cosmosis Academy content will be delayed until correct payment is made.
1. By accepting these terms, a binding agreement shall arise between you and the Cosmosis Academy.
2. By accepting these terms you agree to pay the course fee (plus GST if applicable)
("Course Fee") for the course you have selected under this Student Agreement
("Course"). Upon receipt of the Course Fee, the Cosmosis Academy agrees to:
* supply to you all materials listed by the Cosmosis Academy for your Course ("Course Materials");
* grade your assignments;
* answer queries about your Course;.
3. The Course Fee does not cover postage to the Cosmosis Academy, nor any materials that are not listed as Course Materials for your Course. The Cosmosis Academy notes that, depending on your particular Course, you may need to provide your own equipment in addition to the Course Materials at your cost. Subject to successful completion of all assignments and the Course Fee being paid in full, the Cosmosis Academy will issue you with appropriate certification for your Course.
4. Course Materials will be sent to you as you progress through your Course and submit your assignments. The Cosmosis Academy reserves the right to withhold provision of Course Materials in the event that you fail to pay any part of the Course Fee as and when it becomes payable. If you are paying by instalments, you must pay all such instalments on or before the due date; and in the event that the instalments are to be paid by way of direct debit, you must ensure that you maintain sufficient funds in your account to meet the instalment payments.
5. Irrespective of your progress through the Course, if you fail to pay any instalment by the due date, the total outstanding balance of the Course Fee will become immediately due and payable and you may also be required to pay additional administrative costs.
6. The Course Materials which the Cosmosis Academy provides to you shall become your property. However, the content of the Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of the Cosmosis Academy or a nominated third party. You may not reproduce any part of the Course Materials without the prior written consent of the Cosmosis Academy.
7. In the event that you do not complete the Course within the given timeframe, your Course will be immediately cancelled without refund. If you wish to continue with your Course after the expiry date, an additional fee of $250 will be charged and a maximum extension of six (6) months will be granted. Extensions are subject to availability and the Cosmosis Academy retains the right to refuse an extension in its absolute discretion.
8. If you wish to terminate your studies before the completion of your Course, you must notify the Cosmosis Academy in writing via registered post ("Cancellation Request"). A full refund of the Course Fee will only be issued if the Cancellation Request together with all Course Materials (in good and merchantable condition) is received by the Cosmosis Academy within 15 calendar days of the Agreement Date. If the Course Materials are not received within this period or are returned in an unmerchantable condition you will be charged a $100 cancellation fee.
9. If you fail to notify the Cosmosis Academy of your Cancellation Request within 15 calendar days of the Agreement Date, you will be liable to pay the Course Fee to the Cosmosis Academy in full.
10. If during the term of your Course you wish to transfer courses, you may do so subject to the following conditions:
* Your instalment payments are paid up to date and there are no other overdue monies owing to the Cosmosis Academy
* You agree to pay an additional fee of $150;
* You agree to pay any difference between your original Course Fee and your new course fee;
* Any remaining credit on your behalf may be used toward further the Cosmosis Academy courses, but will not be refunded. This credit may only be utilised prior to the expiration of your Course in accordance with section 7 of this student Agreement.
* Your request to transfer Courses must be lodged within one (1) year of the Agreement Date.
11. If your Course requires you to partake in any external examinations, you are responsible for establishing your own eligibility and making arrangements to attend and pay for the examination.
12. To enrol online, you must be over 18 years of age.
13. By accepting these terms:
* you are warranting that you are not legally bankrupt; and
* you are giving your consent to the Cosmosis Academy undertaking a credit check on you with the Credit Reference Association of Australia.
Links to Third Party Websites
The website may contain links and pointers to other websites operated by third parties.
Third party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience. Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by the Cosmosis Academy of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites.
You agree that by accessing any third party linked website you do so at entirely at your own risk.
The Cosmosis Academy will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with, use or reliance on any goods or services available on or through any third party website.
By using this website, you agree to the Cosmosis Academy Privacy Statement.
When using the World Wide Web, the Internet or third party networks or facilities, you are using networks, facilities and services that are beyond the control of the Cosmosis Academy. You assume all risk and liability of your use of the World Wide Web, the Internet or any such third party networks, including any access to the website via such media.
Recognition of Prior Learning?
Recognition of prior learning is given at the discernment of the Cosmosis Academy Faculty Deans and provides formal recognition for your existing knowledge and skills. The benefits for you are:
* You can gain your qualification in a reduced amount of time
* You can concentrate your time and energy on learning new knowledge and skills, starting your Cosmosis Academy course at the right level for you.
* Any credit given to you through the Recognition of Prior Learning process can be recognised by employers to assist with your career progression.
Once the Cosmosis Academy receives your Recognition of Prior Learning application, the evidence and information you have provided for each module will be assessed by qualified Recognition of Prior Learning assessors.
You may be contacted during the assessment process by the Recognition of Prior Learning assessors and asked to provide further information, or to clarify details about the evidence you have supplied.
Please note: To ensure the Cosmosis Academy can process your application in a timely manner, you must request the appropriate form from the Cosmosis Academy. If an application is incomplete, incorrectly filled out or the form is unattached, it will be returned to you without it being assessed.
We ensure the following procedures are adhered to during the conduct of your course:
* Proposed subjects/modules are to be taught according to the course documentation. No changes are to be made without prior approval of the Cosmosis Academy
* Assessments are to be conducted for all stated competencies.
* Assessments are equitable for all persons, taking into account individual needs relevant to the assessment.
* Students will, at all times, be treated with respect and dignity.
* Professionalism, strong work ethics and empathy must always underpin the treatment of students.
The Cosmosis Academy is committed to providing a learning environment in which customer complaints and appeals are responded to in a constructive and timely manner.
The policies and procedures ensure that:
* Each complaint and appeal is recorded in writing.
* Outcomes are recorded in writing.
* Each appeal is heard by an independent person or panel.
* Each appellant:
o has an opportunity to formally present his or her case; and
o receives written advice of the outcome including reasons for the decision.
In the event that a student has a complaint concerning any matter in relation to the training, or with the Cosmosis Academy, the student will:
1. Speak directly with a representative in Student Services to resolve the problem. (call 08 9407 4310 )
2. If the student can not speak to the person concerned, they should direct the matter in writing to the designated representative.
3. If the problem has not been resolved to the student’s satisfaction, they should notify the Tutor Co-ordinator within 21 days. (call 08 9407 4310)
4. The Course Administrator will respond within a further 21 days.
5. If the complaint is still unresolved, the student will be advised of external organisations that may assist (e.g. Department of Fair Trading or the relevant government department).
Assessment appeals procedure
If you are not satisfied with the result of your assessment, you may appeal against the decision by following the steps below:
1. Notify the tutor within 21 days of learning of the result of the assessment.
2. Complete the Assessment Appeal Form, and return it to the Cosmosis Academy, and mark it to the attention of the Tutor Coordinator
3. The Tutor Coordinator will organise a review of the assessment and will advise you of the findings of the review.
4. If the matter is still unresolved, the Education Manager will be notified and will provide the student with a written statement of outcome within a further 21 days.
If the appeal is unresolved, you will be advised of external organisations that may be able to assist.
Any rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved by the Cosmosis Academy. For the purposes of this agreement the words "Cosmosis Academy", "We", "Our" and "Us" refer to the Cosmosis Academy and "website" to materials delivered on mysteryschool.net.au and other co-branded sub-faculty versions of the site.
Reservation of Rights
Any rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved by the Cosmosis Academy.